Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dumb Cakewalk 9 question...

Say for example I'm recording in looped mode a 4 measure loop. Why is it that after it loops once, the metronome throws itself out of sync???? It will still record fine, but it's distracting with the metronome off 1/12th of a measure.

I've been using Cake for about 4 years now, but can't figure out how to fix this in pro audio 9.

What do I need to change to fix this????

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by stub303@hotmail.com:

Say for example I'm recording in looped mode a 4 measure loop. Why is it that after it loops once, the metronome throws itself out of sync???? It will still record fine, but it's distracting with the metronome off 1/12th of a measure.

I've been using Cake for about 4 years now, but can't figure out how to fix this in pro audio 9.

What do I need to change to fix this????

I've never really trusted the PA9 metronome for a variety of reasons, you might want to considering using a hihat MIDI track instead....

-david abraham

If the piece you are looping isn't falling exactly on the beat boundries, of the tempo you originally recorded with, you will see this problem. A work-around I've used is the "fit to improvisation" option. ie: you can used a midi instrument to define your tempo grid, and then work your loops based upon the boundries you have defined. This also works great for live band recording, that does not follow a click track. The manual gives a more detailed explaination, under the topic of "fit to improvisation".

Good luck,

-Hippie

PS: make sure the "snap to" option is set to "off" when cutting up the piece to be looped, or it will always be putting the "now time" cursor on the measure boundry. This is ok to leave on, if the looped piece falls on the measure boundries, which it rarely does.

did you get all that??

In two days, it won't matter.

It loops flawlessly despite the number of measures, however only the metronome tic falls maybe a 16th triplet out of sync every time. (and yes the loop is a full measure loop all the way down to x:xx:000)

Despite the metronome being out of sync, it will still loop and record fine. It's really not that big of a deal once I have a beat, but it's something that's been bugging me for a while.

Archived