Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Curve,you said stompboxes?

Curve, you mentioned your brothers collection....ask him if he has any Colorsound? I put together a pretty nice "rifle case" (us ex-Marines find good use for things like that) that has some circa 1970's stuff. Actually been thinking about selling the lot just to cool down a couple pieces of plastic I tend to over heat (thanks to my studio).

Let me know: blasaudioprod@core.com

Blas

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure Curve, Here's the lay-out, but understand it's a project that never fully got completed! That is; I wanted to make it where all I did was open it up, plug in the gtr to amp, plug in the power feed & GO! I just never finished tying all parts together.

Here's the what's inside: London, England made Colorsound "Phase Four" and "Sup Wah Fuzz",the old silver Electro-Harm's "Electric Mistress" and "Big Muff"(needs a new stomp switch),Ibanez "CompressorII", Arion "Stereo Phaser", Omnifex "Stereo Chorus", "Stereo Flanger", "Analog Delay" plus a MXR 4 unit power supply & Omnifex 4 unit power supply.......all in one case. It has a jack box for in and out too. The whole package is going for $575. Plus I'll split half the shipping cost.

Originally posted by blas:

I put together a pretty nice "rifle case" (us ex-Marines find good use for things like that) that has some circa 1970's stuff. Blas

Blas:

Adapt. Improvise. Use what's available...

Once a Marine, ALWAYS a Marine! Ooh RAH!

Semper Fi!

Phil O'Keefe

Sound Sanctuary Recording

Riverside CA

http://members.aol.com/ssanctuary/index.html

pokeefe777@msn.com

PS We stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, the rope from the Army, and on the seventh day, while God rested, we overran His perimeter and grabbed the Globe, and have been running things ever since... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

This message has been edited by pokeefe777@msn.com on 04-01-2001 at 03:38 PM

OK, I talked to Bobarino over the phone today, and I read him that list, and this was after I did a few searches myself.

First of all, Bob tells me that he never buys pedals without taking them apart to see if the original guts are intact (chips, pots, etc). I will email you anyway, because he's going out on tour tomorrow and thinks he may be passing through your neck of the woods in a few months, in which case perhaps you two could hook up.

One thing is for certain, however: if those pedals are in good-to-excellent condition, DO NOT sell that rig for a measly $575. Just one of those Colorsounds could be worth as much as $375. That Ibanez Compressor II (I have one of those BTW & it's phat) could be worth around $125+ if it's in good condition. The EH pedals, if they are originals, could be worth a few hundred bucks each. It all depends on the condition of the boxes, because a mint-condition stompbox has instant re-sale value.

curvedominant

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

Phil............I LOVE IT ! EVERY DAYS A HOLIDAY AND EVERY MEALS A FEAST. YOU MADE ME DAMN READY TO RE-UP (GOING BACK THRU THE HELLS OF BOOT CAMP AT 47....DON'T THINKS SO). IT'S KILLER TO KNOW YOU'RE ONE OF MY BROTHERS!

Curve, I will take your advice and consider their true value. All the pedals have the original guts. The ONLY mod I did on them is run a power wire thru the front (of the ones that didn't have the jack) to feed from the supply units. Yes, have your brother get with me.

Curve, Yes, I was young and thoughtless at the time (pert' need a virgin) and didn't "know" that could hurt the value. But having said that, they are in really nice condition and they have the "sound" that only they can create. Somewhere in my computer, I've got a couple pix on 'em in the case set up I came up with. But again, thanks for giving me the heads up on what I should consider pricing. I figure of the nine (and I really would rather sell together as one hot set) five are killer, and four are probably worth $50-65 per (Omnifex). I just feel there's probably a guitar player out there that would go crazy with such vintage stuff. Okay, I'll consider the whole thing for $900. Who knows, who knows! Once in a while, I'll open 'em up and track a guitar part with a couple of them. Thanks,

Blas

Archived