Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This is certainly my week for technical problems, and of course, I'm right in the middle of my first filmscore and time is of the essence.

Both of my Roland MC50 sequencers have begun to act flakey--one is worse than the other, but the good one now saves to floppy about 50% of the time, and wipes out the song the other 50%. Is there anyone else out there who uses one of these? Have you ever had a situation like I'm describing: you go to save your song, it whirs and clicks...then the screen just says "MC50" and the thing reboots without your song in the memory anymore? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Doug,

I had a similar problem with my MC50. One of the solder joint where the AC adapter jack was soldered to the circuit board came loose (the repair guy said that they used bad solder at the factory). For about a week it acted like yours is acting (although I don't recall the screen saying "MC50", but this was about 6 years ago), and then it just died completely. The guy resoldered the joint and everything was fine. My guess is that maybe the vibrations from the disk drive are enough to temporarily shake the connection loose.

Jonathan

Jonathan--

You're not only a terrific musician and producer, you help out in a pinch! Great to hear from you, and I'll forward your post to the repair guy immediately, Thanks.

And I hope I remembered to tell you how much I've enjoyed your last two CDs.

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

Archived