Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ADAT/Edit: Alternative to the Connect Software?

I think the first ADAT/Edit thread fizzled, so am posting this anew.

I am helping a blind musician get up to speed with digital audio. He usually tracks to black face ADATs, so I want to set up a way for him to dump tracks to his DAW. I have had problems with the ADAT Connect software, and it is not set up well for a blind guy anyway. Can anyone suggest alternative software that will create wav files for each track like ADAT Connect does?

-mark lacoste

Rubber Lizard Studio

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the PC side Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.03 supports solid sync as well as midi machine control.Someone in England actually came up with a special version of Cakewalk that worked with a brail keyboard,although I read about this about a year and a half ago,perhaps if you contact tech support they might have knowledge of this.On the Mac side I know Cubase and Logic support 9 pin sync as well.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Well, that is encouraging! I am not sure how to use the "solid sync" you mention, but if that is the key to making transfers I will learn. Thanks.

To make Cakewalk accessable Bill is using Jaws and a set of scripts from Dancing Dots. It works pretty well.

- mark lacoste

Rubber Lizard Studio

Archived