Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was considering two monitors for the ability to separate them with a center channel speaker(5.1 future ).I have heard some scary stories concerning the 22" Cinema Display(e.g. dead pixels,Apple refusing to repair most problems).$799x2 vs. $2995 makes the two 15" cheaper with more monitor real estate and greater reliability(?).

------------------

Originally posted by learnedone_1999@yahoo.com:

I was considering two monitors for the ability to separate them with a center channel speaker(5.1 future ).

can't you just put a small center channel monitor on top of the video monitor? that is how they do it for proper sound imaging in a home theater. but i am not certain if that is only acceptable because of listening distance in a home theater setup. that is something you might want to explore.

of course, if there is a serious concern about reliability, you may just be better served with two LCDs. i didn't realize they were so cheep. and since (i'm assuming) you don't need the extra space for serious video or graphic editing, it may actually be more conceptually sensical or eronomic to have two screens instead of one.

Archived