Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vintech Neve Clones

I saw these mentioned somewhere on one of these forums and so I looked up their website for more info. Looks pretty cool, but I have a few questions that maybe some of you can help me with:

1) Do they *really* sound like a Neve? I've used Neves and I'm pretty picky...

2) What is the list price (and best sales price) you've seen for the dual channel 1272 unit? The web site lists the X73's (1073 clone) at $1,995, but I couldn't find a price on the dual channel 1272 clone.

3) What's the going rate for *real* Neve 1272's and 1073's now days? Fletcher?

4) Does anyone else make a Neve clone that's either better or cheaper? Or both?

Any comments and suggestions welcomed.

Phil O'Keefe

Sound Sanctuary Recording

Riverside CA

http://members.aol.com/ssanctuary/index.html

email: pokeefe777@msn.com

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Phil

I think someone was raving about these Vintech pres on either George or Eds boards. FWIW they came out incredibly well for the $$$!! I think their url is:

www.vintech-audio.com

On the site you will find comparisons between them and their original Neve counterparts. I just wish they had a distributor in the UK cos I'd really like to get my hands on a couple..... serious bang for the buck apparently and very close to the originals.

Hope this helps

Simon http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

...remember there is absolutely no point in talking about someone behind their back unless they get to hear about it...

I've seen the Vintech 1272 clones on sale for around $1700 on the web. Try digibid.com or e-bay. I like Brent Averill or David Marquette myself.

Both have 1272 clones for under $2000 for a pair.

If you can find an original 1073 racked up with a power supply they can go from $3000 to $4000 per channel. Good luck.

------------------

Tiny G

Tiny G

Yes, I have a very detailed reaction to the Vintech X73 in Rogers column, do a search.

FYI... If you're talking about the 1272 models however, I much prefer the Averil's. But the Vintech 1073 is fabulous in its reproduction...

Archived