Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tube Tech MEC 1A

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>Does anyone know how I can get info on the Tube Tech MEC 1A mic pre?? I remember reading that TC Electronic is the distributor but I just came from their website and there's zero info there. Thanks!<<

Dude!! You have not spent enough time checking out this site, and will receive 10 demerits!! On the home page, click on Music Gear Online. Do a search on Tube Tech. You'll find plenty of info.

Armando...thanks for the compliment...but, while it is possible we are local to you, we wouldn't be your local "Tube-Tech" dealer...as with the exception of the CL-1B mono compressor...it's pretty much the feeling of the staff that the stuff is all but useless...if we won't use it, we won't stock it...and if we don't stock it, we won't sell it...in other words, there is no way we could possibly be your local dealer.

If you'd like to e-mail me off list, I can more than likely put you in contact with a dealer that does handle Tube-Tech, and is knowledgable and honest. Depends where 'local' is to you...there are some serious scumbags out there 'pimping gear'...so I would always advise caution in choosing a vendor.

Best of luck to ya.

-----

Fletcher

Mercenary Audio http://www.mercenary.com

Fletcher

Mercenary Audio

Roscoe Ambel once said:

Pro-Tools is to audio what fluorescent is to light

Craig, in my browser there is definately NO "Music Gear Online" link on TC Electronics Home page......Neither did a search on this home page for Tube Tech yeild anything.

I searched all thru TC's web site 6 months ago an found no trace of any info on Tube Tech Gear......Baha i even emailed TC, they never replied so i gave up.

U can even go to the "Site Map' link on TC's home page, there is sill no link that u mentioned.

Provide the full URL of this link u claim.

I also loaded Mercenary audio's pages looking for the Tube Tech CL2A...again search on tube tech did nt yeild any products..the closest was a comparison between the Manley Variable MU/Pendulum Compressors.

Anyways...this is really sad......and these web designers actually get paid for web pages bahaha

Ketone

Ketone-Mercenary Audio is not a 'Tube-Tech' dealer. None of the guys that work there like enough of the line for us to bother with it. I know I like the CL-1B quite a bit, one of the other guys likes the mic-amp...nobody cares for the LCA-2B at all, and as far as the equalizers go...they're about on par with the Manley Pultec stuff [a little "snappier", which is not what I'm really looking for in a 'tube based' unit], and no where near as cool as a 'Massive Passive'.

Now, with one of us liking the mono compressor [me], and another liking the mic-amp [not me]...it's not worth it to us to carry the 'full line' of gear...which is why we have no information about the products on our website [it is a commercial site...it's chock full of neat tips and information, but the fact of the matter is it's a commercial site].

I know you're saying "but other people like it, you should carry it". And perhaps you're right about that. We're a small company, and like most small companies, we're woefully 'undercapitalized' [we ain't gots a lot a moneys]...so we only stock what we use.

We're all still engineers, we actually use the stuff. Next week, during the "Christmas break"...I'm doing an "alternative country" record [i'm too old to understand the new 'bin labels'...I just thought they were good, alternative country...who knew?].

We don't get health insurance...but we can take out any piece of gear that's in stock at the shop. Over the last few years, seeing as I don't do as much work as I used too...the wife has convinced me to sell off a lot of "my gear", especially when I can grab stuff from the shop to replace it. I also 'rent' the equipment to the label...which helps cover the 'health insurance' bill [those who are "self employed" know what a motherfucker that bill is...especially if you have a family!!].

This, albeit way too longwinded and semi-commercial response, is the reason you found zero information on Tube-Tech product on our site. I'm sure the Tube-Tech people are probably pleased about that too...I'm sure if I were the manufacturer I wouldn't want someone to have a site with my stuff on it that said something along the lines of: "it's blue...I haven't found an application for most of it where something else didn't do the job better...but it's blue' [bTW, since the LA-2A was reissued...I've found damn little use for a CL-1B now as well.]

Hope this helps clarify the ommission.

-----

Fletcher

Mercenary Audio http://www.mercenary.com

Fletcher

Mercenary Audio

Roscoe Ambel once said:

Pro-Tools is to audio what fluorescent is to light

Ketone, Craig was referring to the Music Player.com home page/browser. There you'll find the "Music Gear Online" he mentioned earlier. This will take you where you need to go.

As you have found, there's no info on TC Electronic's website at all about the Tube Tech stuff. Very strange.......they must love the stuff as much as Fletcher does.

Armando

Archived