Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ASR-X hook up

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you mean you want to program the unit from a PC, or just be able to do things like mix? For the latter, you can always just use a MIDI controller. It may not be as extensive as what you want, but it's a start.

YEs yes yes

Thank you Tom, that was exactly what I was looking for (ASR-X Tools). When last I checked, the only Windows-based tool was primative at best.

I spent a year hunched over my ASR-X when I first got it and kinda wore out the knobs. I love the idea of not having to fumble through everything on that tiny screen any more.

I am still finding new depths to this machine even after three years of hard use.

thanks again.....charles

Charles Rieser

Southwind Studios

Austin, Tx.

www.southwindstudios.net

>>I am still finding new depths to this machine even after three years of hard use.<<

Have you tried hooking up a fader box to the MIDI in so you can mix the channels in real time? It's really cool.

Great idea, my "studio" here is less midi than audio oriented. I use the ASR primarily for creating interesting backdrops for bands to write/arrange and record to (as well as fueling endless hours of fun and practice on my real instrument, guitar).

The cool thing to me is tha usually most of my loops, samples and other ASR ideas end up in the songs and mixes.

Can you recommend a good midi fader?

Charles Rieser

Southwind Studios

Austin, Tx.

www.southwindstudios.net

>>Can you recommend a good midi fader?<<

I use the Peavey PC-1600X, a real workhorse. However, the ASR-X tends to choke if it gets too much data, and slamming lots of faders on lots of channels creates that scenario. So, I use a MIDITools controller filter in between the PC-1600X and the ASR-X MIDI input.

Archived