Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Every once in a while I'll do some searching on the web for places that make the giant cloth banners that some touring bands use. I always end up empty handed. Anyone happen to know how much these can run a band and maybe a few places that do these.

Also, on a cheaper scale, the vinyl banners that are used quite often...does anyone know the process used for creating the graphics. Reason being, I have a huge vinyl banner, but it was one that was thrown out by a business and already has the graphic on it. Call me cheap or whatnot, but just wondering if there's a good way to either remove the graphic chemically, or 'paint' over it without chipping, cracking, or the original graphic showing through.

...Or am I just wasting my time...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many places that have large-format color inkjet printers can also print on a canvas-type material. So you might want to see if there's a service bureau around you that has one of these printers (HP seems to make the common ones), and see if they can print on cloth.

Any of the vinyl banners I've ever had done were made from an Adobe Illustrator file that I gave to the place. They used a vinyl cutter to cut out the design and then they attach it (glue it?) to the background. So, You may be able to peel off the original graphic on the banner that you have, but I doubt it.

Jonathan Hughes

vinyl banners can be tempermental to remove. it depends on how long it has been on the banner and exposure to the elements.

the vinyl that is used has self adhesive on the back. to get it off you can try peeling it, you cant really ruin it by trying. the harder parts might need a hairdryer to ease removal. you can also try a soapy solution along with peeling/heat method.

vinyl banners arent really "cheap" but provide a highly durable product. be sure to double/triple reinforce the grommets.

canvas banners on the otherhand can be silkscreened or painted. it is by far the cheapest solution. a painters drop cloth available at any megasuperhomeimprovement store will have a huge one of $20. create a stencil of what you want on it and some cans of spraypaint. or find a local artist to do it for you.

alphajerk

FATcompilation

"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson

I gotta hand it to you guys...I never expected to see useful information on vinyl banners, but there it was! I guess you really can find out anything on the net.

Thanks again for your continued participation in this forum, it's appreciated.

Archived