Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Continuing my Darla saga

After struggling through 2 weeks and 3 different computers Darla Techs told me the Intel Celeron chip is unacceptable. Also, 64 meg RAM is unacceptable. They recommend a Intel Motherboard with a 440 chip set. So, I'm in the process of having a computer built to their specs for 2 Darla's and 1 Layla. Apparantly the problem was not in software, but in the type of computer I was using. thanks to all for their response and I'll update when I'm up and running again. Hopefully, with a smooth 24 channel interface.

Jeff Johnson

Flippo Records

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting...I'm using a Celeron A (NOT the original Celeron) and it seems to take anything I can throw at it. Seems that in your case, perhaps the motherboard is the problem...it is HIGHLY recommended to use an Intel chip set-based Mobo with an Intel processor. As to 64 MB...it isn't really enough these days. It's like having a Porsche but never taking it out of second gear. 128 MB is good, 256 MB is better.

If I remember an article I read recently, the current Celerons include instructions not available on the originals - basically, there's not a lot of difference now between a Celeron and a PII (III?). Not the case with the original chips, though.

Originally posted by drfuzz@aol.com:

If I remember an article I read recently, the current Celerons include instructions not available on the originals - basically, there's not a lot of difference now between a Celeron and a PII (III?). Not the case with the original chips, though.

I think the reason the Celeron can outperform the PII in many cases is because it has an onboard cache, and doesn't have to go fetch from an outboard cache.

Archived