Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How would you do it?

Hi, I have a question about a mixing setup. I've been recording using Cubase VST and mixing internally with the trackball, but I'd like to be able to do more hands-on mixing. I have a Tascam TM-D8000 mixer and a MOTU 2408. I've been told by Tascam that due to some odd MIDI thing with the 8000 that I can't use it as a MIDI controller (although you can supposedly use the transport buttons, but I haven't figured that one out yet).

I guess the big question is , can you output tracks from Cubase through the board/outboard gear and back in? I guess I just don't know enough about the routing in Cubase to know how to do this. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Randyland:

Hi, I have a question about a mixing setup. I've been recording using Cubase VST and mixing internally with the trackball, but I'd like to be able to do more hands-on mixing. I have a Tascam TM-D8000 mixer and a MOTU 2408. I've been told by Tascam that due to some odd MIDI thing with the 8000 that I can't use it as a MIDI controller (although you can supposedly use the transport buttons, but I haven't figured that one out yet).

I guess the big question is , can you output tracks from Cubase through the board/outboard gear and back in? I guess I just don't know enough about the routing in Cubase to know how to do this. Thanks in advance.

Maybe I'm not getting something, but why not just send the Cubase outs through the 2408 into the mixer, and run it into a two-track DAT or a couple spare channels in Cubase to hold your final mix?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived