Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pro Tools Mastering

I'm using Pro Tools Audiomedia III to mix tracks. When I've bounced to my final two-track master, I normalize and premaster with fades and sequencing, all is well, BUT when I burn my CD Premaster (with Toast 4 to Philips Omniwriter 26), upon playback I find that the overall levels are fairly low. I then brought that CD to a studio to remaster. Besides some typical EQ and Comp the engineer found the overall level to be about 10-12dB low with no extraordinary peaks. Why are my levels so low? My meters both on my Yamaha o1v mixer and Pro Tools are showing at about -0.7dB or just below full code. Am I missing something and are there any good publications regarding Pro Tools operation?

Can you recommend a good mastering software, preferably with multiband compression?

• 1 month later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was cleaning up some of the older forums that didn't get a reply and saw this one. I wondered if you ever solved the problem, or identified what it was. I think the reason no one answered your question was because additional information was needed in order to figure out what's going on with your particular setup. Certainly, what you describe is not the way things should be.

Archived