Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

San Jose - WWW Colab ???

Hi Nursers & Colabs...

I finally clonked on nursers 'come to my corner' link and thought I might read a few links and see what's shakin...

I'm thinking that I'd like to record some new guitar tracks with my wife Ratsy on vox (backup or lead - she's bi-vox, hehe). We'll be playing to a click or drum machine or to my own clock. I thought I might find some players that would like to lay down drums, bass, guitar, horns, vox, keys etc. on some tracks. Then a bunch of us could have fun mixing and mastering it...

If I read a couple of links I'll bet you guys already do that - I'm out on a road trip now after Phil's Musicplayer party so I'm just kinda gettin some thoughts together for the future. Also I have a home mastering job to complete for a friend - but you all are busy too and collaborate so no big deal.

Just stickin my foot in the door nursers and everyone to see how hard it gets stepped on, hehe it's been stepped on a lot so that kinda thing doesn't bother me either :D

The other idea - or along the same lines I guess...is to have some type of a regular in-person (or in inter-net) get together maybe at least quarterly - lay a couple of tracks, grill a couple of dogs, drick a couple of beers, jump in the pool...inspired by Phils BBQ - much much smaller of course. Focus on collaboration, laying some tracks, and drinking a beer. So folks in the San Jose area that want to do this type of thing either post in this thread or PM me or something.

I have a couple of older songs I've been trying to master (old tape mixes) in Craigs forum under the 'Is your music any good' thread. You can get some idea of what we sound like when we used to track in my home studio...I'm going to pick up tracking again and just chewin on some ideas - it's a part time thing for me - weekend warrior. :wave:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bunn Mutt:

I'm up for gettin' together, Kyle, for jams or BBQ or just a beer. Or all of the above.

:thu: We were hopin you'd be hoppin - Ratsy and I will be back near the end of the month and start puttin our heads together - tres informal music & engineering & hops :thu:

Originally posted by Bunn Mutt:

I'm up for gettin' together, Kyle, for jams or BBQ or just a beer. Or all of the above.

he he! Since the bay area is much closer than riverside, I'd be down for that too. :thu:
0096 2251 2110 8105

Cool Foxtick !

What day is that you are busy Bunny, hehe :D

Ratsy & I are still out here in Knoxville (nice place so far) takin care of business. Hopefully we'll be back in a couple of weeks and get somethin cookin !

:thu:

Archived