Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LEFT AND RIGHT

Hi Everybody... Ive got a little doubt here... and would greatly appreciate if you could help me

I have observed in many audio equipment and processors with STEREO output split in 2 individual channels, that the L output has a (mono) label. And Ive used it when I need a mono signal.

Is it some kind of audio standard, or rule to carry the mono signal through the L output, or to have the L channel mixed with R elements? Or is it that the devices recognize that only the L channel is plugged, and thus, mixes both signals through the L output?

My point is, is this applied into musical production?.. I mean, when I mix for movies, TV, multimedia, or even radio, should I have in mind that some of the R signal must be present in the L side?

For example, if I wanted an instrument o arrangement to be fully panned to the right, should I take it a little to the left until it could be slightly heard on the L? Ive paid attention to this issue in some commercial recordings, and it appears to me that it certainly happens

Do you know anything about this?

La Unica forma de lograr algo es haciEndolo

http://orbita.starmedia.com/plasmaii/rafablue_thumb.JPG

Rafael EscandOn desde Colombia

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived