Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Seasick - Team Managers Song

I know that I requested that Seasick be included on the Fantasy League Collaboration Compilation CD 1, but there seems to be a slight problem in getting everything pulled together.

We now have tracks for B_3guy, Brakka, and when Sylver is ready for it, I will upload my vox. We are still holding up for Cereals tracks.

I've been trying to get the word out since the 6th of January.

Dated 01/06/2004

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000249

dated 01/14/2004

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000251

Dated 01/20/2004 and bumped again of 01/21/2004 to have fallen again off of the front page already.

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=017727

And also through 2 private messages sent on the 6th to ALL team managers that have not been opened by 2 managers.

I'm trying to be patient....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Sylver and John,

Cereal has never responded to my calls for tracks. Bob has in the process of trying to finish up the mastering process of the CD Compilation, but I believe he is still awaiting for Bunny's Beat from Steve (Wewus)

I don't know what happened to Cereal; perhaps I was a bit too harsh back during the making of Seasick when I got a bit mouthy and said a few choice words in the Managers' Forum.... you know the time I used a couple of 4-letter words to describe an attitude :D ... I'm quite sure the managers remember what I'm referring to. :D I dunno... maybe he didn't like the way the words came together on it... or something; but if he's not into wanting it to be a part of the project for release, I don't want to bend his arm. If this project does take commercial flight for any reason; all it would take is one negative member to put a thorn into any negotiations to be made. I don't know that it will ever come to a point of negotiations; but if indeed it should, all parties involved have to be consentual and agreeable on terms prior to any negotiations for contract.

I'm willing to give it my best shot to get some backing for commercial release... although I have no idea of what the outcome will be, as it will be a first for me in attempting to tap into opportunities that have presented themselves in the past; non music related though. It's worth a shot, and you never know until you try.

I thought Cereal and I had buried the hatchett, but who knows? If he didn't care for the content in the words, perhaps this is his way of saying I don't like it!!! For that matter, everything seemed to be okay from his end until the majority of the song was pulled together. If he didn't like the swing the lyrics or melody or style of the delivery of vocals took, all he needed to do is say so... God only knows, I'm brutally honest. I'm sure not everyone is as sassy as I can be at times, but there should be more objectivity when there are several people's works at stake. I wouldn't have a problem if the vocals and lyrics were removed entirely if my input was a problem; the music alone was a good work of art without the vocals.

I had my reasons for taking the stance I did, especially after the reaction and lack of appreciation one of the other managers got for his hard efforts and contributions. I'm just more vocal, and I'll bat the odds when more than one person expresses concerns as to the way things are being handled. Prior to my comments, there were two managers other than myself that had shown mixed emotions. The manager's team song was supposed to be a collaborative effort, where all managers brought their own talents to the table; not a driven production dictated by one party.

I'm sorry to all the other managers' that contributed parts to Seasick that the song hasn't worked it's way into the play list for the Collaboration as of yet; it was not my intention to throw a wrench into the project by being honest. Team Players will work around the obstacles and differences in personalaties; they will also discuss things among themselves that don't set right and reach mutual agreements as to how things can work for all involved.

I have my faults and being curt at times is one of them; but I'm not above asking forgiveness, nor am I going to throw away an entire works of other peoples efforts because I don't like one small detail. I'm adult enough to admit that I'm not perfect. I also look beyond differences when there are more persons involved than just one on one.

Originally posted by Ani:

I'm sorry to all the other managers' that contributed parts to Seasick that the song hasn't worked it's way into the play list for the Collaboration as of yet; it was not my intention to throw a wrench into the project by being honest. Team Players will work around the obstacles and differences in personalaties; they will also discuss things among themselves that don't set right and reach mutual agreements as to how things can work for all involved.

I don't think it was you, Ani. I had a thing with Cereal. When the tune was presented to me, it had bass & drums. I was asked to provide a rhythum track. So I was the first one in & had a blank slate to work with. I did my track, did it to the best of my ability, & provided what I thought was required. I spent 3 hrs in doing so. Cereal came back with a bunch of changes, wanted "something swampy", whatever that is & "I had filled up all the holes & there's nothing for anyone else". If I'm providing a track for free, I expect to play whatever I like & how many retakes I want to contribute. If you are paying me, I'Il keep trying stuff until I give you what you want. I did 2 out of his 4 changes, & that's the track you now have. It seemed to me that he wanted to be producer & when he didn't get what he wanted, he packed up & left, which is his choice, just like it's my choice to play what I want.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

It seemed to me that he wanted to be producer & when he didn't get what he wanted, he packed up & left, which is his choice, just like it's my choice to play what I want.

Really that's a crock because as I stated back during my rant, each and every one of the managers had the ability to write songs from start to finish and that "collaboration" meant a group of collective talents pulling together and contributing their own spice to the works. If Cereal did not want to continue the process at that time, then he should have surfaced right then and bowed out.

I questioned how anyone could NOT work in collaboration with DAK, because DAK is one of the easiest going and most congenial people I've "never" met; now I understand why Cereal's team fell apart. That's sad because he had some really good players that have their hearts in their music.

There are some people that I respect, while others beguile me with their adolescent behavior. I can be a pain sometimes, but I'm not beyond a compromise. :D

Archived