Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Horror Stories

Ive realized that Im currently in the musical underbelly of the St. Louis scene. As a band starting out you have to take some crappy shows I guess. If anything I guess you get your feet wet and hope someone notices you.

Well we got to play to an empty room Saturday night. There were all of 4 people watching us play that night. Youd think that a local bar could generate some traffic on a Saturday night. It was a total dive though. It was a corner bar trying to attract more people. So there we were suffering right along with the owners I guess.

Then there were the Drunks that came in around midnight. One drunk guy came in claiming to be the house drummer. Took out one of those rhythm eggs and shook it to the beat throughout the set. Very freaking annoying!!!

Then his girl decided that she wanted to sing. In the middle of one of my songs she jumps up onto the empty mic in mid song. I carry on the song and finish it out somehow. I think we turned her way down. The drummer goes right into the next song. Its one of mine as well. What the heck is he thinking!! She really likes the song apparently. She grabs her boyfriends egg and starts shaking it in my face, actually hitting me in the face with it. At least shes in time I guess. The bars practically empty. Theres no help in site. I finish the song somehow. Finally the bar owner drags her away from me. Her boyfriend gets pissed. Starts a ruckus. She actually kicks him in the nuts for some reason. He leaves thank god. She passes out in a corner and is out for the last set of crap. I played well up to that point. Now Im pretty shaken and the last set sucks. Im totally out to lunch.

This is the 2nd empty room we've played. Im wondering why the head guy is booking all of these crappy bars. Why am I wasting my time? Hes taking any low paying gig he can get at this point. I guess theyre all warm ups and thats how I should look at it. Color me disenchanted in St. Louis!! We're going to be going through a production agency soon. Hopefully that helps.

So how about the rest of the low end? Im sure there are some horror stories out there that are worse then mine. Maybe some will make me feel better.

Double Posting since March 2002

Random Post Generator #26797

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by b_3guy:

Originally posted by ibescotty:

Sorry guys wrong forum. Feel free to comment though.

Scott, you're post belongs here

http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=007269 [/quote ]

I've also got a running thread on this on the low end. I exist there most of the time.

Double Posting since March 2002

Random Post Generator #26797

Archived