Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

coverband

i've noticed a lot of musicians kinda "look down" at other musicians for playing in a cover band. most coverbands don't really feel that way about original bands though. i write music of my own but also play in a cover band, it's strictly fun and we consider ourselves to be entertainment, that's all. just food for thought for all the original artists who feel that way. how do you feel? hmmm......... www.claytoys.com

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I first went "pro" as a musician, I had to play covers, but that was fine to me and I was making a very good living doing it. Then, when we started playing originals, we mixed them up with the covers until we got to the point where we had enough original material to play an entire set of them without covers.

My point is that you have to start somewhere and I would venture to guess that those who look down on musicians playing covers, use to play covers themselves when first getting started.

Also, as long as people want to hear covers in different venues, there will be a need for musicians such as yourself playing them.

My hat is off to you my friend! :thu: And, pay no attention to the nay-sayers! Do what you have to do and don't worry about what others may say or think. Your audience are the ones which really matter in the end.

:cool:

Haven Music Productions

Tampa, FL

www DOT havenmp DOT com

Archived