Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HELP : WDM problems using SONAR and D44 soundcard

Hi, My setup = PC running Windows 2000 with SONAR and a Delta 44 soundcard with the latest version of the WDM drivers. Because of a CD recorder crash this weekend, I have had to reinstall my whole Windows 2000 OS, and most of my softwares + hardware and drivers. :mad: Everything is almost fine now, but, while trying to playback my initially recorded Sonar projects, they played back slow speed with an unpleasant distortion. Needless to say that I was rather scared at that time ! but I after some searching, I found out that by selecting the option " ALWAYS USE MME DRIVERS EVEN WHEN WDM ARE AVAILABLE" in Sonar it worked fine. Of course, latency is now higher, but at least it works. My default setting in Sonar are 16 bit / 44.1 khz, and the same in the soundcard manager of the D44. I have also selected in the D44 : "reset sample rate whan idle", for me to be able to switch sample and bit rate from SONAR. Do some of you guess what has happened to my system? I used to work with the WDM drivers before the re-install with no problem. Thank you so much for you kind help .. regards Alex

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Under the audio options section, there's something about sharing drivers with other applications. I noticed when using ReWire, it helps to make sure Sonar is NOT sharing drivers. Right now I'm at a different computer but I'll investigate further tomorrow. It sounds like the sampling rate is screwed up somehow with the WDM drivers but not with the MME. If you take a project that played fine under MME, resave as a bundle, then switch over to WDM and call up the project, what happens?

Bon! C'est tres important pour utilization avec ReWire, parce que autrement, les deux logiciels "lutte" pour le driver quand on transfere d'un logiciel a l'autre. Good! It's very important when using ReWire, because otherwise, the two programs "fight" for the driver when you transfer from one program to the other.

Archived