Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is anyone else besides me back to "normal"?

After being too upset to work on or listen to music last week, I was finally able to play drums/guitar on Saturday and work in my studio almost all day Sunday. My *real* work (computer programming) has also resumed to its regular level of productivity. From the looks of things on this board, it doesn't seem like many other folks have resumed to "life as normal" (or at least, as normal as it can be, given the circumstances). I agree that the events of last Tuesday were unspeakably awful, and I really do feel for those whose lives have been affected... But I'm ready to move on, at least in my corner of the world. I mean, what else is there to do? Is anyone willing to talk music on this forum any more? If not, I might look into temporarily hanging out elsewhere until the topics go back to mostly music-related stuff, even if tangentially related... [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My thoughts exactly. We've absorbed the past weeks events and the shock is over. I don't think we should stop discussing the coming war on terrorism, or the reasons why we are in this position....but there needs to be a push to start talking about music again. I won't give these terrorist bastards(excuse my language) the satisfaction of altering my lifestyle and love of all things musical. I can't leave this site even if I wanted to because I'm addicted. [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I will do my part by starting a couple of music-related threads.

Popmusic - I'm with you. I totally agree that the past week's events are beyond unbelievable. However, I can see virtually the same opinions expressed (although more level-headed in some cases) on CNN Forums a few times a day. I know people affected first-hand by what happened, as I'm sure a lot of other folks in this forum do, and based on that, I think I can say that we will never be the same after this; but it seems that this subject belongs in other forums and not here. Just my opinion.

Hey pop... I think you will see more music-related posts starting up again. You are lucky that you have "normal" things to get back to. I am recently out of work, my band split up just a few weeks ago, and I've had to put aside the projects I was working on because I don't have the money to finish them (due to being out of work). I would LOVE to get my mind back on other things... but there are none of the normal distractions right now.

Scott

(just another cantankerous bastard)

Archived