Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Suggestions for clip-on mics?

pseudonym

I got an Atm 25 for the kick and some c 1000's for over head and I just want some clip-ons for live shows, nothing extravagant.

The Sennheiser e 604 3-Pack for $329.99 @ Sweetwater, looks like what I want, any comments?

I could use a 57 on the snare, but I like the Idea of just clipping-on the mics and I'm only using snare, (1)tom, floor tom, kick.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the Sennheiser package is really nice, I would definitely recommend it. The Audix clipon's are good too... they are a different sound though, you would almost have to compare them to see which you preferred. I'd say the Senns were more of a classic sound and the Audix more of a modern sound... the Senns are pretty natural whereas the Audix are more "hyped" to sound like modern rock/fusion drums.

C-1000's really suck though. :D Don't be too surprised if you're not happy with those. For cheap overheads it's hard to beat the Octava MC012's.

I think to save money I'm going to use my 3 57's on snare, tom and floor tom, maybe get a clip that'll work for them, Audix makes one for about $25.

Does using the 57's on toms seem like a good idea, anyone? Also the c 1000's don't seem to get many compliments, but for now, it'll have to do, I know the sure SM81's are supposedly the best for overheads @ $350 each, that's got to wait.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Archived