Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

elektron machinedrum sps1

dendanna

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am with MachineDrum! :D

Yeah, lovely piece, if a niche one...great if you need percussives for many types of electronic styles, and are willing to accept some of the limitations in terms of timing resolution and the like.

cheers,

aeon

Go tell someone you love that you love them.

Originally posted by dendanna:

I like the fact that the sounds of the MD really cuts through your mix

You are not kidding! :D

The transient response and punch of the MD SPS-1 is world-class...puts many other electronic "drum sources" to shame.

The first time I heard my MD through serious amplification, the bassdrums cracked my sternum and the snares pierced my tympanums. ;)

cheers,

aeon

Wow, 6 audio outputs. That's pretty cool. I'm still waiting for someone to make a box that has:

- multiple outs (like this one)

- at least one trigger input

- odd time signature sequencing

- sampling capability

Just for the record.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=2129

---

Absent from both NAMM and the MESSE this year, Elektron obviously like to do things their own way, it not a strategy that has let them down so far with all of their instruments achieving modern classic status relatively quickly after release. The MachineDrum is considered by many to be the ultimate modern drum machine with it's powerful pattern based sequencer and flexible sound creation, it's capable of a huge range of sounds.

The latest enhancement to the Elektron is the new MachineDrum SPS1 -UW (UserWave). The new UW adds User Sampling and the RAM for sotrage, some extra DSP coding with 32 new ROM machines for sample playback.

The major news is that it now enable you to sample into the machine and store the samples for use in your kits, either in the form of single hits or loops. it's not geared up for keyboard like multi-sampling, but you get a couple of MB in which to store your favourite sounds. Daniel Hannsson, Elktron head honcho, grudgingly accepted that poeple could now include the ubiquitous 909 hat samples in their kits, though I suspect he never would.

The SPS-1UW retains all of the features of the original SPS-1 and will be available world-wide from May 2005 at EUR 1590/$1640

Elektron are keen to let exisiting owners of machineDrum will be able to get their units retrofitted with the new updates at a favourable rate - details to be announced shortly.

---

Comments from Daniel @ Elektron indicated an upgrade for existing MD SPS-1 owners would be roughly 1/2 of the difference in price between the two models.

That comes to ~$195. :eek::freak::love::D

At that price, it is a no-brainer!

cheers,

aeon

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by sidereal:

Wow, 6 audio outputs. That's pretty cool. I'm still waiting for someone to make a box that has:

- multiple outs (like this one)

- at least one trigger input

- odd time signature sequencing

- sampling capability

I think Roger Linn did soooooooooomething like that in the 80's :P:P:P

Okay well im an MPC fanboy, but in terms of a drum SYNTH yeah im with you! I see no reason for there not being an eventual drum machine renaissance! I have a bunch of drum related electronics, from Roland SPD's to MPC's and a lovely Novation DrumStation that is sadly limited and a bit short sighted from Novation... whilst it has the multiple outputs (awesome!) and realtime knobs and CV output, the CPU chokes on itself... still its the closest i will let my bank balance go towards recapturing the 808 and 909.

Elektron are a great niche company... reminds me in some ways of the emergence of the mighty Nord.

Originally posted by aeon:

The latest enhancement to the Elektron is the new MachineDrum SPS1 -UW (UserWave). The new UW adds User Sampling and the RAM for sotrage, some extra DSP coding with 32 new ROM machines for sample playback.

The major news is that it now enable you to sample into the machine and store the samples for use in your kits, either in the form of single hits or loops. it's not geared up for keyboard like multi-sampling, but you get a couple of MB in which to store your favourite sounds. Daniel Hannsson, Elktron head honcho, grudgingly accepted that poeple could now include the ubiquitous 909 hat samples in their kits, though I suspect he never would.

The SPS-1UW retains all of the features of the original SPS-1 and will be available world-wide from May 2005 at EUR 1590/$1640

Elektron are keen to let exisiting owners of machineDrum will be able to get their units retrofitted with the new updates at a favourable rate - details to be announced shortly.

---

Comments from Daniel @ Elektron indicated an upgrade for existing MD SPS-1 owners would be roughly 1/2 of the difference in price between the two models.

That comes to ~$195. :eek::freak::love::D

At that price, it is a no-brainer!

cheers,

aeon

excellent news!

12"/45 RPM Vinyl Release:

STRINGS in TRANCE by Minister

Now Available and Shipping World Wide!

http://www.stringsintrance.com

Archived