Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Advise on finding a Drummer!

Big Red 67

Hi to the kings of the thrones. I have been lookin' for a drummer to do some funk fusion improv. We are trying to keep it loose and fun. I haven't had any luck. Just want someone local who can show at nights. We have shows read to go and people who are buggin' us to sell them CD's and no committed drummers who can make a pocket? I record the improvs and come up with really good quality discs. Any advise? Thanks Big Red

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey dude! You found a drummer. (me) :wave:

Seriously, I'd love to help out, but there's this thing called the continent between us. :(

Have you tried placing an ad on the bulletin board in the local Guitar Center or Sam Ash? What about placing an ad in the local performing arts newspaper? In Charlotte they have Creative Loafing, and I'd think that as big as Sacramento is you'd have someting similar.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

It's kinda like asking where all the hot chicks are. They're out there, but you gotta put on your nice suit and tie and show them you're the one they've been waiting for. Drummers aren't a commodity. They're looking for love like everyone else.

There's got to be some great drummers up there in Sacramento. Keep trying... it'll happen.

Just for the record.

Archived