Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Used drums market value

sidereal

Has anyone found useful resources for evaluating the value of used drum kits and percussion gear in order to buy and sell? I've been trying google and ebay, but haven't found great success in searches.

I'm trying to sell a whole bunch of drum gear -- most notably, my Premier Genista drumkit -- and I'd like to find out the fair market value.

Just for the record.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

eBay has and is the quick look-up site ... but as you mentioned, you've already tried that.

The price, as you know, is all based on what someone is willing to pay and/or what the market will bare. Checking other auction sites would be a good place to start. You can also contact dealers of the Premier Genista kits; they may have a good idea. I have a buddy who works for Premier; he might be able to help as well.

One thing is for certain, most used gear is typically worth at least 70% Off of Retail or List price. Factors that influence the price, and questions that you have to ask yourself are:

• Is it a collectible or vintage?
  • Is the drumkit still being manufactured today?
  • What kind of shape is it in?
  • Are all the original parts intact?

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea.

You might want to check out www.DrumSmith.com as there are a number of knowledgable gear-heads over there.

If the kit were vintage, you could ask over at www.NotSoModernDrummer.com

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Archived