Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HELP! My Roland FD-7 Hi-Hat controller pedal doesn't work! What could it be?

umkcprof

Hi all. . .

I have a situation. I just sat down to record on my Roland drums and I realized that my Roland FD-7 hi-hat controller pedal isn't functional. What is the likely cause? It can't be the cable (I already replaced it with one that I know works.)

Is it more likely to be my TD-10 (TDW-1) module? (GOD FORBID!) Or the FD-7 itself? Any suggestions that might point out exactly what the problem is? I'd be happy to buy another pedal if that will fix it, but another TD-10 module is a real problem!

Thanks much.

Stephen Pruitt

I am truly grateful for the wonderful information that everyone on the musicplayer site graciously bestows to me without thought of reward. You are all a credit to the worldwide web.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When in doubt, read the manual.

Apparently, I must have pushed down the hi-hat pedal when the TD-10 was turned on the last time I move it all around. This makes the pedal inoperative.

Problem solved. . . and $$$ saved. BUT, it might not be a bad idea to remember my lunacy in case someone else suffers from a similar fate.

Thanks anyway.

Steve

I am truly grateful for the wonderful information that everyone on the musicplayer site graciously bestows to me without thought of reward. You are all a credit to the worldwide web.

Well, you being a real drummer, would notice that immediately. I'm not sure that I, being a hack, would! I didn't even notice that the hi-hat wasn't working at all for several minutes. ("Gee, something sounds a bit strange here. . . I wonder what it could be?")

Duh.

Archived