Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

no gitter twankin

Eric Beam

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by RhythmInMind:

i was listening to some snoop and you know what no guitar. i was blown away. what will come next?

Hmmm ... I predict that you'll post ... yet another senseless thread that has nothing to do with drums or percussion.
Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

yeah i most likely will if i read another post like the (No cymbal crashes) thread...

i guess sarcasm isn't obtainable for everyone..

"Any experiment of interest in life will be carried out at your own expense."

I understand your sarcasm, but you don't understand the thread.

The "crash" thread was to show drummers how playing can take a different approach. Such a simple song, yet most drummers wouldn't play it correctly. I had 11 different drummers play it and only 1 even came close.

Is the song simple, or are drummers? You don't need to learn anything if you don't want to. I don't care either way.

i think it would be boring to have a drummer who played every song excactly like on the albums, thats just boring. i think the drummer has the best oppurtunity to make the band sound better. everyone says drummers are stupid, but maybe its because they play with their heart and not their brain....i guess thats kinda true....so is it good or bad?
.....bonham

Originally posted by adam b:

i think it would be boring to have a drummer who played every song excactly like on the albums, thats just boring. i think the drummer has the best oppurtunity to make the band sound better. everyone says drummers are stupid, but maybe its because they play with their heart and not their brain....i guess thats kinda true....so is it good or bad?

I think the goal is to make the MUSIC sound good, not the band. Whatever it takes, playing what is needed and right for the song is what is important. Perhaps you feel the same way; not saying you don't, but wanted to clarify a bit ... and at least mentioned my point ... just in case.
Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Bartman, yea the goal is to make the music sound better, if i could have picked another word than band that would have been it dont get me wrong i did mean the music though. i think ginger baker said that the drummers job is to make the music sound better, i do agree. :thu:
.....bonham

Archived