Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Drum Tuning Primer for Non-Drummers?

soundthinker

Does anybody have any resources for a non-drummer to learn more about how to tune a set of drums? Plus the types of heads etc. When a young band comes in with terribly tuned drums I know enough to try and get the tension even all the way around. And I can play with it enough to get a sound that won't drive me crazy even though the guy can't play. But that is about it. I know lessons from a session drummer would be ideal, but for right now I'm just looking for some fundimentals.

Thanks.

/jim

"...it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lacking patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It is the same in any country."

-Hermann Goering, second in command of the Third Reich

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Lee- That was EXACTLY what I was looking for.

/jim

"...it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lacking patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It is the same in any country."

-Hermann Goering, second in command of the Third Reich

Archived