Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Carl Albrecht

randy clay

I just attended a worship music conference here in Kona, Hawaii and the presenters were Carl Albrecht and his wife Leanne. Carl is an awesome drummer, and a straight shooter from the hip, class act. He has appeared on a lot of Integrity/Marantha records and with Paul Baloche.

Are you hip to this guy?....

I'm trying to think but nuthin' happens....

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carl is a friend of mine. We both were guest artists for the Drummers For Jesus event held in Dallas back in March ... and both taught seminars as well as played.

Here's Carl's website:

www.CarlAlbrecht.com

And here's the Drummers For Jesus website:

www.DrummersForJesus.com

Carl will be working with me in getting a DFJ Chapter started here in Nashville, TN.

Carl has a couple of instructional videos out that you may or may not be familar with. The seminars from the DFJ event will be available on DVD in the upcoming months.

Carl is probably the most recorded praise & worship drummer alive; playing on hundreds of recordings.

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Carl became one of my favorite christian drummers when I saw one of Ron Conoly's (sp?) videos; the band included Carl, Alex Acuna, Chester Thompson, Abe Laboriel, Justo Almario and others. My kids dubbed it the "3 drummers tape", due to the 3 drummers alternating solos on "The Battle is the Lords". If a DFJ chapter is started in/around Philly, I want in!!

Bart, Is Will Kennedy and/or Marcus Baylor affiliated with DFJ? After Will left the Yellowjackets, I heard he played with Promise Keepers Ministries. (never could verify it).

I was fortunate to meet and hang out with Marcus when the 'Jackets played a small club in New York. These are 2 more of my favorite drummers, and fellow believers at that...!

Will is like the rest of us in that our affiliation with DFJ is as guest artists.

www.WillKennedy.com

You'll have to check out the DVD from the Friday night event ... when it comes available. We had six drummers/percussionists trading solos! Vinnie Colaiuta, Will Kennedy and Sean McCurley on drums; Sheila E., Alex Acuna and Luis Conte on percussion. Then all of the remaining artists came out on stage ... Carl, myself, Terl Bryant, Paul Leim, Marvin McQuitty, Louis Santiago, Jr. and Bill Bachman ... and we all played together. It was an awesome experience for everyone!

Here's a photo from the Friday night event ...

http://www.drummersforjesus.com/archive/images/DFJ_group-m.jpg

Bart, I'm so glad you mentioned Marvin McQuitty... I love his pocket, feel and energy he displays with Fred Hammond. Another of my favorites. You mentioned some other very talented drummers from that night, most of whom I've heard of... not wanting to presume, are all of these drummers of like/similar faith? Or are some of them, as you stated, "guest artists"?

Any idea when this DVD comes out? I'm all over it when it does!

(

Originally posted by drumtek:

Bart, I'm so glad you mentioned Marvin McQuitty... I love his pocket, feel and energy he displays with Fred Hammond. Another of my favorites. You mentioned some other very talented drummers from that night, most of whom I've heard of... not wanting to presume, are all of these drummers of like/similar faith? Or are some of them, as you stated, "guest artists"?

Any idea when this DVD comes out? I'm all over it when it does!

(

By "guest artist" I just mean that they were featured players for the event. All of the drummers and percussionists involved love Jesus and gave a little testimony at the event. That was the purpose of the event.

The DVD is scheduled to be released in late July, but it will probably be in August as they are incorporating interviews as well as rehearsal footage.

PS ... check out the August 2004 issue of Modern Drummer. They actually have a few pages about the DFJ event in the back of the magazine.

Carl also writes a drums column for the Worship Musician magazine. Not only a great drummer, but articulate too!

I appreciated his use of percussion effects while he was playing. During breakdown parts, he would jingle bells and other neat things. A well-rounded and listening player.

I would love to check out that DVD. Shaun McCurley and Vinnie Colaiuta, WOW! They must have funked the place up.

I'm trying to think but nuthin' happens....

Archived