Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cheap wooden toms hoops?

Allan Speers

I'm looking to retro-fit my drums with wooden hoops. No sonic considerations, this is purely cosmetic. They MUST have holes for the lug-screws, not the simple type that requires claws.

So far, the only ones I can find are from Precision drum Co, and are about $120 per set. That seems a little excessive.

does anyone know a less expensive source? I'd be buying twelve total hoops.

-thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could try Cooperman. Good work at great prices. Never got anything finished from them though, don't know what that might cost.

BTW, thanks for the link on the cherry/maple/walnut thread, but it ended up on some error-redirect page or something. I should try a similar search myself.

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Thanks, Ted.

It doesn't look like Cooperman makes wooden hoops, but I emailed them anyway.

I figure that if Precision drum Co is selling them for $60 each, they must be paying around $30 or less. I just have to find their source.

-------------------

BTW:

I re-posted a shorter, working url for that site on your thread. It's a great site, and I highly recommend that you check out the whole thing, not just the "drums" section.

Originally posted by Allan Speers:

Thanks, Ted.

It doesn't look like Cooperman makes wooden hoops, but I emailed them anyway.

I figure that if Precision drum Co is selling them for $60 each, they must be paying around $30 or less. I just have to find their source.

-------------------

BTW:

I re-posted a shorter, working url for that site on your thread. It's a great site, and I highly recommend that you check out the whole thing, not just the "drums" section.

Thanks, I check it out! Cooperman definitely makes hoops. Wouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be the source.

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

As a matter of fact I do!

Cooperman Fife & Drum

Essex Industrial Park

P.O. Box 276

Centerbrook, CT 06409-0276

(860) 767-1779

Archived