Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Beefy Middle

PROTOOLSAL

Hey all, I have been mixing for about a year now and im having some trouble with getting a nice, beefy mid section. I have no problem on the high and low end at all. Can anyone help me out on gettin that beefy middle i am looking for? Thank You!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the room I work out of is about 15 feet (x) 15 feet. kinda square-ish with a 20 foot high triangle like ceiling. some sound absorption due to thick walls, but no acoustic foam padding. (not my choice of room) I use last year's model of the EVENT 20/20's, also the YAMAHA NS10's. We are a digital studio, and im a Pro Tools guy, but because I need some extra money right now, I took up a job that is around the corner from my house, and the guy operates LOGIC 6.0, im pretty good with Logic, so that is what we have. We have a bunch of plug-ins for it that are really jammin'. No outboard gear though, we have to sell some records first. The mic of choice is the NEUMAN U87. All the music is laid through keyboards and drum machines. On occasion we have live guitar or bass. We do alot of hip hop and R&B. Basically, a reference of the "beefy middle" im looking for is like a DR. DRE record. I boost my mids all the time, and in the room and in the headphones, it sounds money, but when we take it to the car, its wack. If there is anything you can tell me to help me out, I would appreciate it. THANK YOU!

Albert

Archived