Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your favorite late night TV drummer?

Tedster

Put this question up on the guitar forum, as a shootout between Kevin Eubanks, Jimmy Vivino, Felicia Collins, G.E. Smith, etc...just to see who the favorite late night band guitarist was. Thought it would be a great question for the other forums as well...

So, past or present, who's your favorite late night TV drummer?

BTW...Jimmy Vivino (Max Weinberg's band) is leading the guitar forum in votes...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shawn Pelton. Don't know if he's still on SNL or not. I auditioned for (and got) a gig he left in order to go to NY; this was a long time ago.

Great guy. Monster player. Great attitude.

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

• 3 weeks later...
Max Weinberg is the most original drummer of the above mentioned and also he gets the job done with his signature, humble, 4pc drum kit. You have to respect that! If you watch him you can tell that he is the LEADER (although I don't really care who the leader is). Max plays like he was born with that 4pc attached to him. I thought that touring with the E Street band he would use a bigger kit, but I guess when your Max you can take care of business with a bass, snare and hats.

What ever happened to Anton Fig? He seemed most like a regular "band guy." Letterman used to goof on him all the time!

Max doesn't look so much "happy" as "hiding discomfort" to me in those tight shots. But if I were going to see a late-night band, his would be the one I wanna see. ;)

band link: bluepearlband.com

music, lessons, gig schedules at dennyf.com

STURGEON'S LAW --98% of everything is bullshit.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Jackhammer of Love and Mercy.

Get yours.

Originally posted by Jim Novak:

Fig has the most chops but Smith is the better jazz drummer.

Anton has wayyyyyy more chops than you hear on Letterman. He just doesn't let it get in the way....

Anton more chops than Smith?Hmmm I wouldn't go that far....Anton's great at what he does (I have heard him solo many times) but i would tend to go with Smitty having the most chops,way more versatile as well.

Chris

Archived