Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FS: Roland V-Session: Now selling Parts!

Allan Speers

Price lowered to $3,000. -and they're brand new!

(I MUST dredge up some cash this week)

Roland V-Session Kit

Rolands top of the line, most current and updated V-session kit.

In purple, with the expanded TD-10 brain and latest V-cymbals and toms that do positional cross-fading. (Earlier V-kits do not have these deluxe features).

TD-10 Module with TDW-1 Expansion Board

3 x PD-120 12" V-Pads for snare and floor toms

2 x PD-100 10" single-trigger mesh V-Pads for rack toms

2 x CY-14C 14" V-Cymbal Crash with natural cymbal inertia and choke capabilities and dual positional sensing (edge and bow)

1 x CY-15R 15" V-Cymbal Ride with natural cymbal inertia, simultaneous three-way-triggering (edge, bow, bell) and positional sensing

1 x CY12H 12 Hi Hat V-Drum Pad

1 x FD-7 Hi-Hat Control Pedal

1 x KD-120 12" V-Kick pad

All cables

*Note: the stand, cymbal-arms, or tom-rods are not included.

This kit was purchased about two months ago and has not seen a single session or gig. I havent even taken the cymbals or hats out of their boxes, and the kick, toms, and snare have literally only been played for a few hours.

Why buy a used, beat-up kit, even one a few years old? All e-kits, from all companies, wear out over time. This one is as if you just recieved it from the store.

In the few days that I did have it turned on, I managed to learn the various brain parameters, and created many custom sets, tweaked to perfection for recording. (I have been a recording engineer for 25 years.) These custom-sets are MUCH better than the stock sets.

Serious financial difficulties force me to sell this kit. I will also be posting other high-end studio gear soon. My loss is your gain.

I am selling the kit without the stand, clamps, cymbal arms, and tom-rods. This is how I bought it, as I use the Gibraltar stand from my acoustic kit. Many people replace this inferior hardware with more sturdy, and easier to adjust, stands and arms as soon as they buy the kit, so I just ordered mine without it. You will likely want to do this as well, especailly since with a Gibraltar rig, you can also mount a real kick and toms.

You can find Roland V-stands regularly on ebay for cheap, though I recommend you get a Gibraltar. I might consider selling my Gibraltar stand as well, to the high bidder, as I may also need to sell my acoustic drums due to serious financial problems.

I just paid $4300, plus shipping. I'll let them go for $3000 + shipping / insurance.

I live near NYC, if you want to pickup instead and save shipping costs.

speers@optonline.net

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Allan Speers:

I'm not sure if it's cool to sell here,

I think since you have over a thousand posts that you'll be cut some slack. It's not like you're a noob around here. You be kin-folk now!

First, I'm sorry about your situation. That really sucks.

Have you thought about selling the TD-10 alone? How much?

I probably shouldn't start salivating too early. I've been getting the 'evil eye' from my wife for just keeping the Sweetwater catalogue in the bathroom!

Does the TD-10 have the X-pansion card?

(dammit! Why am I even asking these questions? I already know what her answer is gonna be; "No, you don't need any more music crap"...Ugh! Wives... :( )

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Hmmm. I would probably consider that, though i have to raise about ten grand immediately. (major health thang and no insurance)

I'd have to think what the brain is worth. yes, TD-10, it's a brand new V-Session kit.

Not sure how much I want to try to sell-off the individual parts, though -but I'd probably actually make more $$ that way. well, feel free to make an offer.

I'm going to sell-off some cymbals as well. I'll get a list together soon. -It's just kinda' painful. None of this will matter in a year, I guess!

I don't want to lead you on here. The odds of me even buying a MIDI cable from you are pretty bad. I just bought another track recorder, and upgraded my computer -which cost more than I had anticipated due to a video card incompatability. So I'm not really able to justify the purchase of something I don't NEED...

I have no idea what to offer you for the TD-10 if I was going to. They go for around 1500 Xpanded brand new, don't they?

It is awfully tempting though...

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Super 8,

I know, your wife......

But just in case: I think I AM going to part out the kit. -Mostly because this will be safer, the whole Ebay thing scares me.

The best price I could find today for a new one was $1589- I'm probably going to put it on ebay late Monday night. Not sur what my starting price will be, but I'd take $1100 right now.

Did I mention it's virtually new?

Here's what you do: Get your wife an expensive dress at the same time, then she can't complain!

Archived