Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Whitney Drums

woodlakesound

http://www.whitneydrums.com/

Forgot to actually write something...what do you all think of these? His shop is just up the coast about an hour away. I like the mounting scheme if anything. For portability as a studio kit, it could be relocated pretty easily. And the sound? I haven't a clue. Anyone played these before?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, two years ago ... I went to PASIC (Percussive Arts Society International Convention) and saw a concert that featured the Norht Texas One Oclock Jump band with their drummer ... and featured Greg Bissonette as guest artist.

The drummer for the band was playing one of these sets (or something that looked incredibly like them). He set up in about 4 minutes and broke down even faster.

His drums sounded so good.

I was amazed that there was that much sound from those small drums.

I would at least check them out if you are that close.

Let us know what you think,

DJ

He set up in about 4 minutes and broke down even faster.
I bet those were the Penquins. The're supposed to have a big sound given their compact appearance. Since it's 75 degrees in Santa Barbra where his shop is and 98 degrees here in the Valley (San Fernando not corn), I think I'll go check um out if only escape the blazing heat. I'll let you know if sound COOOL....

I play Peavey Radial drums (now discontinued), which sound phenomenal. They sound bigger than they really are. The Whitneys look similar, except in the Peavey set only the snare looks like that, while the toms have a protruding bridge and a recessed shell.

MEGATRON FOR PRESIDENT

http://grannysghost.com/megatronLap.JPG

Archived