Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Snare Practice Pad

adam b

my drum teacher has a really cool practice pad that sounds just like a snare drum and is also very quiet, it works great for practiceing rudiments, its an octogon shape and is about 5 inches wide and only about 3/4" thick

my drum teacher got it as a present so he has no idea were to get one

please tell me a website or someplace where i could get this "Snare Practice Pad"

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drum Groove, I believe what you are looking for are called "Buddy Rich" Practice Pads, octagon. It can be mounted on a cymbal stand too. Model number PA780BRP......$29.00

Check out this link:

www.interstatemusic.com

Look at page 179, there is also a Crest "Collectors" Model too. Both of these are Gum Rubber though.

Pro Mark makes 6 sided practice pads called "X" Pads. They make them in 8",10" and 14". They fit on top of snare drums too. Look at page 40 of the same book. Cost around $20 -$30. with stand $50.

Also on page 41 there are practice pads called HQ "Real Feel". Double sided gum rubber on one side and the other is neoprene. $26 for these.

Hope this helps a little............

Jazzman :cool:

hey drum groove

I think I have the practice snare you are talking about and I must say that I LOVE it so much.

The thing sounds like a gift from the heavens and guess how much i bought it for? Only 10$ (plus shipping) from an awesome website

I'll give the site to you if you say please

Archived