Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Metallic sound" from 18" A custom crash??

totemspock

I bought a 17" A custom Brilliant crash for some months ago, I like it very much, it sounds just right for me.

I recently added a 18" A custom Brilliant crash and I am not quite happy with the way it sounds. It sounds a little bit "metallic" (hope you understand what I mean). I don´t know if an 18" crash is supposed to sound like this or if I just got a poor crash.

My 17" sounds warm and great, very different from my 18".

Is this maybe a warranty issue? My salesman says that he can´t hear the difference so I can´t get any help from him.

Please help!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A Customs are typically brighter than other Zildjians. If you want warmth, better to get an A or a K.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Thanks for the reply, but you didn´t answer my question..maybe there is no good answer?

I just want to know if Zildjian has any warranty for these kind of situations? If I can get my cymbal exchanged for another one?

Hard to say, man. You should ask them. I think it's more likely that you got an unusually warm-sounding 17" rather than an unusually bright 18". Cymbal sounds are completely a matter of opinion, and opinions usually aren't covered by warranty. If the cymbal is still new-looking enough to be returned to the sales floor, you can probably get an exchange. If it's covered with stick marks, youmight be stuck with it.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Archived