Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need recommendations for H/H stand and bass pedal

Infusion

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends. Is it a true electric set [meaning is it on a rack]? Or is it an acoustic set w/ the triggers? If its on the rack, you don't need the stand, but if its not, then you really don't need an expensive hihat stand [its just studio work, the stand doesn't make that much of a diff]. Stands are not too bad, you can get a good one for cheap. Any brand will do.

Bass pedal, go with a well known name. A poorly made pedal will have horrible response, the screws will tend to loosen, and some of the screws might even strip. Recommendation: Tama Iron Cobra, Power Glide cam. But it depends on budget. Tama does make a lower version, which they sometimes call the "iron cobra jr."

Hope that helps a bit. :idea:

Infusion:

Look into the dw5000 Delta System.

Many drummers (middle-aged) like them because they herald to the old Camco or Ludwig Speed King pedals. Young folks like them because they are built well, drummer friendly and fly.

I like the HiHat stand because it only has two rotating legs (instead of the typical tripod) thus allowing diversity of placement.

Hope this helps.

DJ

Something else to consider about kick pedals in addition to what others have mentioned... Although there are several great, well made pedals on the market, it may come down to which one "feels" best to you.

For me it came down to the DW and Tama Iron Cobra series. I ultimately chose the Tama because it just had a balance and feel that felt right to me. I could not, for whatever reason, seem to get comfortable on the DW pedal. Not to say it isn't a good pedal. DW makes GREAT pedals. Just, it wasn't the right one for me.

Also, I really like a little feature about the Tama... if you get an Iron Cobra double bass pedal and an Iron Cobra hihat, you can bolt them together so that the left kick pedal is locked side by side with the hihat... hence, no wandering of the pedal. I don't know if anyone else's does that or not. Just one of those "little" things that I like about mine.

Archived