Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mic holder for cymbal stand?

totemspock

I´m looking for a mic holder that I can attach to my cymbal stand for micing the hihat. Is there such a thing? I have seen it once in a picture. Maybe I can make one of my own? Is it a bad idea to have you´re mic attached to the cymbal stand? My cymbal stand is a tama (the most expensive one) so it won´t be a problem with it rumbling around. Tell me what you think!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totum:

Yes, I use the exact thing you are talking about. The device is a multiclamp with a mic holder. I think Tama even makes a multi-clamp mic holder.

You do want to make sure that there is some rubber on the clamp and that the mic part is isolated. You can sometimes pick up sympathetic vibration through the mic.

Check out tama's website to see if they still make this.

Thanks,

DJ

No, I did not make mine.

I cannot find a manufacturers mark on it. It was by a mic clip company like K&M or someone like that.

Just a simple piece of metal with a clamp on one end and a mike clip on the other. No angle adjustment, only height with the ability to slide it up and down on the stand.

It is a simple, yet effective holder that has always worked for me.

Thanks,

DJ

Yeah, the one I use says K&M on it. It's sold as a tom-tom mic clip. Instead of clamping it onto the rim of a drum, I rotate it 90 degrees and clamp it onto the spindle of the hat, and PRESTO. Mine has enough adjustability that I don't need a gooseneck or anything else. It's east to get it into position. I bought these online, I don't remember where, as a set of six clips. I use the others for tom mics and bottom snare.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived