Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

drummer available

chrisderosa

Chris DeRosa is a Freelance Drummer/Composer who currently lives in New York City, but his experience has taken him to many parts of the world.

This well-versed Seasoned Drummer has studied at Berklee College of Music where he received the Buddy Rich Jazz masters scholarship and the University Of Miami where was the recipient of the Bowman Ashe scholarship for artistic and achedemic achievement. There he also received his Studio Music/Jazz Performance degree.

Chris has played and/or recorded with the likes of Deborah Harry and Chris Stein, Skinner Box, Motorbaby, Nate Ouderkirk, E-trance, Ben Stivers (MatchBox 20), Jonathan & Victor (Camper Van

Beethoven), Wendy Ip, Aquaman Jones, Fluffer, Magnet (Replacing Moe Tucker of the Velvet Underground), The Five Satins, Air-O-Sol, Yale University Big Band, Willie Ruff, Bill Brown Quartet, Matthew Brubeck, Chris DeRosa Group, Oh! Calcutta, Grease, Songs Of Paradise, Barbara Feldman Dance Co., Gus Solomons jr, Ron

Brown/Evidence, David Dorfman Dance, Bebe Miller, Sean Curran, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Doug Varone And Dancers, Kevin Wynn, Donald Byrd, Jose' Limon Dance Foundation, Paul

Taylor Dance Co., Mikado, University of Utah Dept.of Dance, Matt Bonelli (BeeGee's), Collider, Liquid, Mark White (The Spin Doctors), Daniel Rey, Steve Eigner, Jon Brion, and Roger Fife among others. Chris is currently working at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts as well as Freelancing with some very talented artists.

As a creative drummer Chris plays all styles of music (ie. Rock, Reggae, Jazz, Latin, Pop, Afro, and Solo drumming) and has released many offerings as both a leader and a sideman.

Checkout his current discography @:

http://www.chrisderosa.com/equipment.html#discography

Chris is interested in live, touring and studio work. For audio samples or for further information, please check out his website:

http://www.chrisderosa.com

Or contact him directly by email:

chris@chrisderosa.com

p.s.

Here is an article I wrote for the Italian Drum Magazine "PERCFEST":

http://www.percfest.com/DeRosa.htm

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, (as I said last time this surfaced)

I know Chris. He is a free-lance out of N.Y.

We did a feature story on him at MusicPlayer about a year ago when he did the Deborah Harry gig.

He is a great guy.

I do not view this type of post as a spam. I think we should all flaunt our successes and even share our failures, etc.

Just my thoughts.

You go Chris.

DJ

i was just joking and didn't mean any harm...anyone who played with many of the people mentioned and accomplished what was mentioned must be able to play...but, and this is just my opinion,it's one thing to flaunt our successes and share projects we were involved in...but this just came off kind of "cheap" for someone who is that "established" to be looking for a gig this way...maybe i'm missing what one of the purposes of this kind of forum is, but i just can' see Anton Fig or Conan O'brien's drummer (his name escapes me right now) posting a list of all they've done and asking for work...just my opinion, and, like i said, no harm meant...he certainly has done a lot more than i have, it just didn't seem too "professional" to me...thanx

Hey, Rammer24:

I sure no offence was taken. I just wanted to clarify that this was not being taken as spamming to the forum.

I want all the members to let us know about successes, failures, need to work, etc.

Max Wienburg is Conan's drummer by the way. Great drummer!

Thanks for your clarification!

DJ

Archived