Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wood snare hoop makers.... Anyone?

ackthbtbthotmail.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cooperman Fife & Drum makes wood hoops, and lots more. Custom made Hoops for an 18" drum were going for $45 apiece, snare ought to be less.

Ted

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

I'm of a mixed mind about the drum candy hardware, I can't see replacing the lugs on my Yamahas with it. But I could see a whole new market open up with teen girls buying drums with them on.

--

Rob

I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Well, it has been my experience that ... what goes around, comes around. Remember back in the early 90's when powder coating first came out?

Gregg Bissonette played a big Pearl set with David Lee Roth. That set all white hardware.

For the longest time, Terry Bozzio's set had all black hardware. Fads come and go, but I could see this candy hardware becoming a vogue way of customizing one's set.

DJ

True, there are always people looking to make their kit different. I'm sure that Tommy Lee or Tre Cool will pick up on this and start a trend.

But hey, anything that gets more women into drumming can't be bad either :-)

--

Rob

I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Archived