Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Advice on Rapid Tuning Roto Tom Pedal

serpico3

Well it,s been sometime writting again to a Forum, I usualy don,t receive any reponse if any . But no sour Grapes Here, just curious? Anyway I have a Problem I just Purchased an Relic of Yesteryear, an "18" inch Remo Rapid Tuning Pedal Roto Tom. For those of you who don,t know or to young , It came about somewhere in the late 70's then abscurly disappeared in the 80's. Bill Bruford, Cobham, used them, There also great to use as portable Timpani as I did in the 70's at Berkley. Problem is now I own one, And after extensive research to contact Remo, Would you believe that no where on their packaging or Web site do they offer a customer service number or even a number for technical support. I,ve written in two other forums and no answer yet in those either. So here I go Again, ( as Ronald Regan would say)so I finally got it to lock down in position , but now to tune aor make the pedal mechanisum work to pitch higher, it does ever so slightly being flat, but pushing down on the pedal is like pushing down on a Mack Truck Clutch. If anyone has any knowledge I would sure appreciate it, Also Denny do you know how I can obtain a Manual from Remo on this drum. if So please tell me I'll gladly pay any fee for it. Thanks, As Paul Harvey would say Page 2. Read on other topics. serpico3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Serpico:

I am forwarding this e-mail to a contact at REMO that may be able to help.

Companies no longer keep employees around for long tenures as was the case years ago, so chances are slim that many companies would keep info on a product that is this old, BUT, I know that some folks have been with REMO for many, many years and were around when this product came out. Let's hope that some one will have an answer for you.

Hope this helps,

DJ

Archived