Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

drum risers!

jscoin

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jscoin:

The point of the drum riser is exactly to meaning of the name, ... TO RAISE THE DRUMMER. Typically, the drummer is in the very back of the group. This poses several challenges: The drummer cannot see, The drummer cannot be seen, The drummer cannot be heard (ha), The drummer cannot hear (more likely the case).

The riser simply improves the overall visual appeal of the group and allows all to see the drummer as well as the drummer to see all. This gives the drummer a fair advantage at dodging beer bottles!

New technologies also allow the group to acoustically take advantage of the riser. The PlatFoam from Auralex is a riser that isolates the low frequency. The Butt Kicker product can be attached to the riser floor of the drum throne to allow the drummer to feel the bass response instead of killing his ears for the need of volumn.

DJ

DJ, you forgot to tell jscoin that your need a bigger insurance policy when elevated.........."beer bottles"HAHAHA!!

I love it! :D:D

It is really true though that in some cases, the drummer cannot be heard. Take for instance in a very crouded dance hall, the group is at the same elevation as the croud a lot of clothing(most of the time on the people :D ) is in the room absorbing the higher frequencies. I used to get ticked off when I couldn't be heard and the people having the affair didn't care.

Jazzman :cool:

Archived