Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

drummer available

chrisderosa

Chris DeRosa is a Hired Professional Freelance Drummer. Currently, he lives in New York City, but his experience has taken him to many parts of the world.

This well-versed Seasoned Drummer has studied at Berklee College of Music and the University Of Miami where he received his Studio Music/Jazz Performance Degree.

Chris has played and/or recorded with the likes of Deborah Harry and Chris Stein, SkinnerBox, Motorbaby, Nate Ouderkirk, E-trance, Ben Stivers (MatchBox 20), Jonathan & Victor (Camper Van Beethoven), Wendy Ip, Aquaman Jones, Fluffer, Magnet (Replacing Moe Tucker of the Velvet Underground), The Five Satins, Air-O-Sol, Matt Bonelli (BeeGee's), Collider, Liquid, Mark White (The Spin Doctors), Daniel Rey, Steve Eigner, Jon Brion,and Roger Fife among others. Chris is currently working at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts as well as Freelancing with some very talented artists.

As a creative drummer Chris plays all styles of music (ie.rock, reggae, jazz, latin, pop, and solo drumming) and has released many offerings as both a leader and a sideman. Checkout his current discography @:

http://www.chrisderosa.com/equipment.html#discography

Chris is interested in live, touring and studio work. For audio

samples or for further information, please check out his website:

http://www.chrisderosa.com

Or contact him directly by email:

chris@chrisderosa.com

p.s.

Here is an article he wrote for cyber drum magazine:

http://www.cyberdrum.com/ss_adayinalife.htmchris derosa chris@chrisderosa.com

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luuker thinks Chris has this bobdole-thing figured out!

Luuker asks: Drummer available for what? Pretty smart from Chris to advertise Chris to other drummers.

Luuker says hi to all Luukers soon-to-be friends! You too Chris.

Well, now:

Chris is legit! If you have ever frequented Music Player.com's drum channel, you may have read the article from Chris about his playing for Blondie.

I can say this about Chris because I know him. I also get his e-mail blast and know how much he plays in the NY scene.

Additionally, any of you guys that post here are welcome to tout your availability.

I say that all of you guys should post under this drummer available thread!

DJ

Well, I can only speak for myself.

I'm not much of a fan of someone, no matter who they may be, advertising their site on someone elses site without participating in the conversations, etc. Before I made my "tongue in cheek" comment, I looked through the MusicPlayer database and saw no other posts by Chris ... but did notice he had just registered ... the same day he made the post.

Just for the record, I'm not bashing him, but for me ... I just wouldn't do it the way that he has approached this. But, he's not me and I'm not him. I was actually hoping that he would respond to the thread.

I understand DJ's point too. But how many gigs are you going to get posting to other drummers? I guess there might be someone looking for a drummer that would come here, but I just think it was inappropriate to post that type of thing here. It just seems like a commercial, which is not why I come here. How about talking with some of us, and in the course of the conversation, invite us to check out your stuff? Don't you think that's a little more palatable than someone just walking into a room, handing everyone their business card and walking right back out again???

Just my opinion ... which isn't worth a hill of beans, but I vent it anyway. :cool:

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Well, little girls traditionally aren't great ones for direct confrontation, so they bully their peers by snubbing them, belitttling them, and excluding them from cliques. The clique members appoint themselves the arbiters of what is and insn't acceptable. The cliques become less about who is included than who isn't.

Apparently, this can be very brutal to those gullible enough to care.

Or so I read. Where I grew up, bullies just punched people. I guess that's hard to do over the net.

Originally posted by Passeist:

Well, little girls traditionally aren't great ones for direct confrontation, so they bully their peers by snubbing them, belitttling them, and excluding them from cliques. The clique members appoint themselves the arbiters of what is and insn't acceptable. The cliques become less about who is included than who isn't. Apparently, this can be very brutal to those gullible enough to care. Or so I read. Where I grew up, bullies just punched people. I guess that's hard to do over the net.

LOL ... you win the prize!

Whatever you are trying to imply here is surprizing. You sure are getting a lot from so little. Are you bitter about something in particular?

Bitterness is in the eye of the beholder. It seemed to me that the earlier posts jumping all over some guy looking for work were rather bitter.

It's difficult to assess someone's tone when all you have is text to go by.

I suppose I should become familiar with emoticons. Is this a wink? ;)

Anyway, aren't working musicians supposed to promote themselves whenever and where ever they can?

Passeist, look I don't care what this guy does ... I think I was very clear with my earlier post(s), so there's no need for me to reiterate. I just would not go about "promoting myself" the way Chris did. This forum is about voicing opinions and thoughts, and I made mine known. Many forums don't tolerate people coming in for the sole purpose of promoting their own personal interests, and that's was done here.

Rather than give us all a chance to get to know him or talk with him, Chris chose to toss us his business card and split. It's been my experience that if you want to really promote yourself, this is the worst thing you can do because it comes across as desperate. This forum is not the classifieds; or is it? His original post was written in third person, like an advertisement.

I'll let you all have the last word on this. I'm not trying to argue ... just wanting to clarify why I said what I did. :cool:

Archived