Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pacidic LX

Drew_dup4

Hey guys, nice place you got goin on here! Just curious if anyone would have any input for what type of heads would sound best on a Pacific LX kit. I know its an opinion question, but I'm curious. Ive already tried the Aquarian Studo X's (clear) and I LOVED the sound I got out of those, then I got some Evans G2's (coated) which weren't quite as "nice" sounding as my StudioX's, they gave kind of a deeper tone that sounded a bit more "dead". I guess I am going for thedeeper sound of the G2's, but I also want the tonal qualities the X's give me. Any ideas here?

Drew

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I assume you changed just the batter sides?

The Studio X is a sort of unique beast, although a REMO PowerStroke3 comes close. They're sort of like using the "O" rings on normal single ply Ambassador or G1 heads.

You may want to consider reading the Drum Tuning Bible for tuning tips, but have you tried the coated Studio-X paired with a Satin Textured Classic resonant? That will be the same character as the clears, with added warmth you were hearing in the coated G2.

J. Scott, Author

Drum Tuning Bible

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: P.Sound ]

Since no one ever seems to talk about them, consider Attack heads. After years of using Remo and trying out a couple Aquarian models, I recently switched to Attack's Bozzio Signature 1-ply medium coated, and my ddubs sound great! Very warm and mellow, with no unwanted overtones.

Archived