Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where is Felix? Where is Bart?

djarrett

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seemed to be a bit of an exodus a while back, over to Bart's drummer cafe. Partly out of loyalty to you DJ, cause of what happened a couple months back. (being intentionally vague.) Come join us at the cafe DJ, it's pretty cool there.

I still come around here every once in a while, but I spend most of my time there now. Felix is there, Gaddabout, rlhubley, and some other names you know.

Just for the record.

Hey DJ ... it's been a long time!

I stop by MusicPlayer every once in awhile to check out the articles ... but since you've been gone my energy has been devoted to the Cafe. Man, I've been putting in tons of hours; sure wish I was getting a pay check for it.

DJ, I think I can say that without a doubt, you were the reason most of us were here. You made this forum very cool; but without you it's http://baeproductions.net/images/emoticons/sleepgo.gif.

I miss ya man! Hope you are doing well. Let us know what you've been up to lately. What's the work situation like? How's your wife's salon (not a saloon Felix ... LOL). We never knew what was going to happen with this forum, and I didn't want us to lose touch with each other, so I started up the Drummer Cafe ... and it has really taken off. Hopeful it will keep growing ... if I can learn to be more gracious like you and not rattle my mouth off all the time like I do. That alone will scare most people off. If I don't then Felix or Sidereal will ... ROFL!!! Just kidding fellers

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Sidereal:

While I completely admire what Bart is doing with the Cafe', ... seems that I just got used to the way this forum looks. A creature of habit I guess.

I have been asked to stay part-time and maintain this forum. Bart, as Kudyba says, and you know, ... because I have invited you in the past, this would be a desirable situation for you to co-moderate.

I have been out of pocket for a while due to this cluster-#@!* known as @home. The transition to the new service (Comcast) has been less than smooth (understatement of the World), as well as the aforementioned work with my wife's hair salon, which is going great by the way.

I would love to see everyone back here (as well as visiting Drummer Cafe'. I really miss all of you guys when I am unable to connect and check in daily!

Come back ya'll!

DJ

Originally posted by djarrett:

... and by the way, I am not taking anything away from the Cafe'. Thanks, DJ

Dude, you don't have to worry about that. The Cafe isn't a money making machine, etc. I simply came up with the idea back when I saw this forum falling apart ... somewhat. I think all of the regular members would agree that you ... DJ ... was one of the main reasons we all hung out here.

As I've said in the past, I want to be sure that people never get the sense that I'm trying to take people away from here. I felt that we had developed something really great here, and I was afraid we would lose touch and ground with the potential unknown of this forum. Hence, my entrepreneurial mindset kicked in and the Cafe was born.

I'll be sure to mention that this forum is gaining momentum again and that everyone should come be a part.

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Archived