Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sessions

DrummerCafe

I posted awhile back that I got a jingle session (NOKIA) the day before I left for PASIC.

Well, I wanted to share the good news that the same producer has called me back for a session this week. YEAH!!! :D

I'm VERY excited about this and hope that the door I seemed to have jarred just continues to open!

Just had to share .....

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Bart, Congrats!! That's awesome for you. I hope it works out well for you and you receive lots of calls with ridiculously high pay! I am sure you will continue to impress him and hopefully become a regular call for that producer. Now, if only I could get some calls :D

Bart,

Honestly, I don't recall actually receiving those names. I had some death in the family a month ago and might have overlooked an email, and was also not checking out the forum much at that time.

As for Austin, hmm... Well, first off, I am not the most outgoing type of guy. IT is just not my personality to hang at clubs and go up to people and talk myself up, this makes it hard on me. But, I have to be myself, which means not doing the whole 'hang&schmooze' thing.

I do have the first gig in months coming up. We have a club gig in Jan. The music is fun, and I'm sure gigs will come.

To solve the problem of downtime, I am really close to posting some ads to start a cover band. I think this would get me exposure, meet musicians, gain more gigging experience, and probably help with $$ as well.

Bart, any help you want to pass my way would really be appreciative. I know it is a risk on your part, but if you're cool with doing that, it sure would help.

Regardless, keep up all of your success!

Originally posted by Bartman:

I posted awhile back that I got a jingle session (NOKIA) the day before I left for PASIC.

Well, I wanted to share the good news that the same producer has called me back for a session this week. YEAH!!! :D

I'm VERY excited about this and hope that the door I seemed to have jarred just continues to open!

Just had to share .....

I've always wanted to be a jingle guy. I know a guitarist who did lots of them in LA, got burned out, and moved here. I think he wishes he was still in LA doing them, because it was easy money for him. What's it like? Are you in and out in a hurry? Do producers maximize your time, or is there a lot of sitting around?

Congratulations Bart! Let us know when the spot airs. Is it nationwide? TV? radio?

I'd also like to get a window into the jingle market. I was talking to a keyboard player a while back who did quite a bit of it in Chicago before burning out and dumping it to get a real job out in California. Seems burnout is common.

Just for the record.

Originally posted by Gaddabout:

What's it like? Are you in and out in a hurry? Do producers maximize your time, or is there a lot of sitting around?

Definitely in and out in a hurry; time is money for the producer. Not too much sitting around. The last thing I did was an hour session, but I was in and out in less than hour, including percussion set-up, tear down, conga/bongo tuning, etc. Great money for an hour of work; it was awesome.

It's been years since I've done any jingles. I've done some stuff for NPR (National Public Radio) and a few TV pilots, but that's about it. Some local commercials ... but it's been awhile. Typically you will do several versions as well as bumpers and different length versions; 30 and 60 second spot, etc.

Originally posted by Bartman:

Good for you, Bartman! I got some good news here myself - I got a phone call out of the blue; an old friend wants me to play in his jazz trio.

The sessions went well. I did six spots for McDonalds today; 30 second and 15 second TV, as well as 30 second Radio cuts.

This session was rather involved and wasn't an "in and out" type of situation; but considering how much playing and layering was involved, it went rather fast.

As usual, I had a blast.

Work has been picking up in the Dallas area ... largely due to the 9/11 event in New York. Many companies are doing their stuff here, rather than traveling to LA, New York or Chicago. It's interesting how a tragedy could possibly be the cause of a blessing.

Archived