Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Repairing RIMS

sidereal

Looks like I've stripped the two tiny bolts on one of my Premier Genista's RIMS. wondering the best way to get it repaired or replaced. Take it back to Guitar Center, go through Premier, or go through the RIMS company? (I forget the name... PureCussion, or something?)

thanks.

Just for the record.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sidereal, I would probably go to a local rim shop, if there is one around, If not go to a local drum shop and talk to the salesperson about your problem. You never know some of these folks my have had this same issue, and may be able to help you.

Is the screw stripped too? Did you try to use a couple of broken tooth picks jammed into the female fitting, to see if the grip is any better when tightining the screws down?

Jazzman :cool:

Thanks guys....

my error... turns out the bolts weren't stripped but that the cushy black part of the RIM had fallen out. so the bolts were screwing in as far as they could go. So what I needed was that middle layer between the two pieces to close in some of that space.

So I did like they do in midwest towns like Cleveland and just relied on good ol' Yankee ingenuity.... duct tape.

Just for the record.

Archived