Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help!

superdeeduperfly

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First: try figuring out what sound you want out of them.

What music do you play? Metal, jazz, punk? Some kits work great for certain types of music (or players) - but they may not work for another. The key is trying out all sorts of brands and sizes. Also take into consideration that even sticks and heads may have alot to do with the overall sound.

Budget? How much can you afford to spend?

I'm not very familiar with tko drums, but I'm sure someone else around here is. I'm a Yamaha kind of guy :D

Good luck :)

TKO are very cheap kits but they will work as a starter kit...any TKO kit is bound to have a lot of minor flaws but they'll play fine...again a perfectly good starter kit.

Don't pay more than $300 for a complete TKO set (with cymbals, hihats and all) and make sure you don't accidently buy a junior kit.

If you have some real drum skills and intend to really get serious (like practicing more than an hour everyday was well as playing regularly with a band) then you should consider getting a pro drum kit.

A decent pro kit is going to cost at least $1000 used, $2500 new.

If you need a more detailed answer...give us more info about yourself and I'm sure one of us can help you out.

Welcome.

By the way, if I were you I would be looking for something more like this:

Mapex 5 piece

Or actually I'd probably prefer this for the money cause I like the small drums:

Mapex Voyager series 5 pc

but it all depends on how much you're going to be playing and how serious you'll be taking it. I've played these Mapex kits, for low budget they're pretty dang cool.

If Drums is only going to be a passing hobby for you...the TKO kit or something similar might be just fine.

Check your local classified ads...you should be able to get a decent quality Ludwig, Pearl or Tama set for under $1000.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Steve LeBlanc ]

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Steve LeBlanc ]

Well I'm not sure how serous I'll get simply because I'm not sure if I'm going to be any good at it :) I might end up playing for a (rock/punk) band eventually... it really depends on how it goes. I play the guitar already and I just want to expand my talents. Drummers seem to be in higher demand. Do these look like a good deal? I'm looking to pay no more than about 600

Archived