Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ever hear of Rick Steel?

kudyba

I just read an article in Music Connection magazine about a cat named Rick Steel. Guess he as a community access show in the LA area called Drum TV. Says that he's arranged an all-percussion work of J.S. Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor". Sounds like Wayne's World of Drums to me...guess he does clinics too. Anyone ever see the show. More info at his (kind of cheesy) website .

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, I've seen his little ad in Modern Drummer, many times. I've also read a few interviews, the guy is cool. I don't get the show on my cable, but would probably check it out if it was available. I just couldn't resist a joke at his expense for that name, which I'm sure he has heard like 3million times!

Hey, Rob:

I have been aware of Rick for almost 12 years. He probably has the longest running private cable show around that deals with his specialized area ... drumming!

Last I saw him ... he was decked out in leather, studded collar, etc. A real metal-head look!

I think, however ... much like Rob the Drummer ... he is thoughtful with regards to the way he presents his program to kids.

DJ

Archived