Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

bass pedal question...

bobperch

hi, i'm looking for a decently priced bass pedal. i'm looking to spend around 100-130 bucks. i don't want a double bass, only a single. i was checking out the dw 7000px or the pearl eliminator 2000p. what do you think? what kind of pedals do you guys have, and what kinda music do you play with it? thanks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an Axis X pedal for a single pedal. So far so good. It is their "lower" line pedal. I think it's US made, but the inherent impression of quality is much better than the imported pedals. I think I got it for $180 bucks OTD. Check one out when you are looking at them...they really stay "glued" to your footski...kinda weird but I'm getting used to it. It's on my gajate bracket.

I really want to get some Air Logic pedals...those things are AWESOME.

yea, my old drummer had an axis double bass, i always thought they were really expensive, i'd have to find one used. they are really nice pedals though. i ended up getting the pearl, i can always save up and get anothe r which is probably what i'm gonna do. thanks.

I have the Pearl Eliminator and couldn't be happier. I was using older Tama Iron Cobra(1st year they came out), but once I started to use the heel-toe technique, it felt quite slushy. The Eliminator, despite it's ridiculously goofy name, is a great pedal. The adjustable cam is nifty, although once you settle on one, you probably won't use the others. The pedal is VERY adjustable, well-made, etc. You might also want to check out the Pearl Power-Shifter, which is basically the same pedal minus a few bells and whistles.

yeah, china pedal, not be confused with china cymbal...Isn't most of Pearl (and the majority of all drum manufacturer's) hardware made in china or taiwan???? Not that I'm predjudice, it just kinda sucks, that's all. I'll wave the flag and play my noisy speed king (NOT).

Pearl probably sells them to their dealers for 45 bucks a pop.

yea, you have a good point, but there's nothing i can do about it. i already bought it and as long as it doesn't fall apart in 3 days, then i won't have a problem with it. i've heard more good than bad on this pedal.

Archived