Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kidney Stones?!?!?

drumtrav

I feel for you Dendy. I'm only 26 and I have had to pass three stones so far. Luckily, I did not require surgery to remove them. I remember the first one I had, It was moving (you know what I mean) during church service while I was playing. I almost passed out. I had to ask the bass player to cover for me while I left.

Drumtrav

Drumtrav

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes ... I have never made it long enough to know about passing one naturally. All of mine have been as large as a Pea! All have been removed surgically or via Lithotripsy (a process where you are put to sleep and your kidney is bombarded with super low sonic frequency. This low frequency pulverizes the stone into dust and allows your natural mechanism of flushing to occur).

All tole, it is the most pain I have ever endured. Your body mistakes the stone's presence in the tube from your kidney to the bladder (called the Uratitor) ... due to the spasm it causes ... as your being sick, so you can dry heave for some time! Ouch!

Image pissing a watermelon! They say that having a stone is the closest a man will ever come to knowing child birth pain!

Anyway ... drink lots of fluids ... mainly water! Have yourself checked occasionally by a doctor and ask your family if you have anyone in the family that may have a history of stones. As a drummer, you can be more at risk if you are susceptable to stones ... due to the activity of loading, setting up, travel, and playing and sweating.

I can say this ... one is too many to have ... and I have had 8 now!!

LOL,

DJ

Archived