Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Grip peddler

Drumcanman

A poll for you drummers to discuss. I started using Grip Peddler on my Axis pedals 7 months ago and I thank Steven for such a great invention . My students noticed the difference as the were able to find the sweet spot of the pedal much easier by using the funk bump> Personally my speed and endurance has increased dramatically and I am now able to play with shoes or bare feet and I don't slide off the pedals or get sore feet. On your mark, get set DEBATE! Tim Waterson a.k.a. The Drumcanman

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've read about it and it seems like a good idea, but i don't really have a problem with pedal grip. I wear tennis shoes when i play, and i use the Pearl Eliminator which actually has little rubber grip spots.

I personally don't have any problems with my kick pedals. I'm dancing all over the place when I play, so adding more traction would not be a good thing for me.

I would be interested in seeing the Grip, just to at least be familar with it and what it may have to offer me ... if the need ever arose.

------------------

Bart Elliott

http://bartelliott.com

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Originally posted by Bartman:

I personally don't have any problems with my kick pedals. I'm dancing all over the place when I play, so adding more traction would not be a good thing for me.

I'm with you, Bart. I don't understand how drummers can play in tennis shoes. When I can, I play on barefeet, but that's not always an option.

Well ... you both have good points. When I play ... I always have on Doc Martens. They offer a pretty slip free surface. I could still use something on my BD pedal. I am like Bart on the hihat, however. My foot is dancing all over the place!

DJ

I just wanted to clarify that when I say my foot is "dancing all over the place" ... I want the younger players to know that my foot is ALWAYS in contact with the pedal board of the kick drum pedal. I slide around and lift my heal, but the ball of my foot always stays in touch with the pedal. I think this is important since lifting the foot completely OFF the pedal would create unwanted sound (clicks, tapping, etc.) which translates into noise when recording or just using a mic on the kick drum.

My hihat foot is dancing as well ... but alwasy touching the pedal board for the same reasons above.

------------------

Bart Elliott

http://bartelliott.com

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Archived